Reasons to Choose a Pre-hung Door for Your Entry
If you are looking a front door, then you need do some research about different door types. A pre-hung door is one of the most popular door on the market. A pre-hung door is a door unit that comes with frame, jamb as well as hardware and hinges. It also comes with pre-cut hole for handles and deadbolt.
When to Use a Pre-Hung Door?
A pre-hung door can be the ideal choice if the following scenarios apply:
- When you don’t have an exiting door frame in your home
- When your currententry door frame is warped or damaged beyond repair
- When youare doing remodeling or brand new construction and the intended location for the door is open and exposed
- When you are looking to install an exterior door
The Benefit of Using A Pre-hung Door as an Entry Door
The most significant advantage of a pre-hung door is that it is ready to be installed into a doorway. It simplifies and speeds up the whole installation, so if you are looking for a door to upgrade your doorway in one day, then a pre-hung door may be your best choice.
- Door is pre-cut with holes for deadbolt and handle.
- It comes with hardware and hinges so you don’t need to spend time on finding hardware.
- It is easy to install and you can either set it up on your own or hire a professional.
- You don’t need to have to create a frame from scratch.
- Pre-hung exterior doors are weather tight and help you save on your energy bill